FIERCE FISH IN EL NIDO

Friday, July 26, 2013

SENTOSA ISLAND



 

This is not my first time to visit Sentosa Island but everytime I go there, they always have something new to offer, so it is as if my first time. This is one of those places that you need to spend a day or two just to enjoy it since your paying a HUGE amount of money for the experience :)

How to go?

You have lots of options:
  • Cable Car -  this would be the the most exciting way to go there for $26SGD located in Harbourfront.  And yes, i tried it on my first visit and you will be able to see the aerial view of the city.
  • Express Train - If $26SGD was quite expensive for you, then take the train in Vivo City for $4SGD only.  This is a smaller version of MRT.
  • Sentosa Boardwalk - If you're up for a long walk and want to have a little bit of exercise during your trip, then take this option. There are walkalators on the Boardwalk with gaps just to lessen your stress. This will only cost you $1SGD to enter Sentosa (CHEAPEST)
  • Bus - there's a bus outside Harbourfront that would bring you to RSW (Resorts World) for less than $2SGD  

What to See?

  • Universal Studios Singapore (USS) - Entrance Fee  $74SGD - this was a little bit expensive for me since I'm not really adventurous on rides and not a Woody Woodpecker fan. I skip it :)  But please don't be discourage to go, I'm sure you will enjoy it somehow. 
  • Marine Life Park - So many things have change since the last time I step on this Island and this is just one of them. It was divided into two parts that cost $33SGD each:
  1. S.E.A Aquarium - The WORLD's Largest Aquarium and you will never be disappointed  since they do have tons of fish varieties, gazillion gallons of water, humongous aquarium, and a big area to put everything together.  
  2. Adventure Cove Waterpark - due to lack of time I was not able to swim here (Which i regret up until this day) The water slides, swimming pools, and other attraction that they have was so amazing.  Kids and kids at heart will love it here. 
  • Songs of the Sea - for $12SGD, you will enjoy the lights and sounds of this show.  It was my first time to see images on water with different light colors and I was like a 7 year old kid watching.  
  • Skyline Luge Sentosa - $13SGD and you can experience the Skyride which I think was okay but if your afraid of heights you wont enjoy it, but the LUGE was awesome. Luge will be my all time favorite ride in Singapore especially if your racing with your friends..  Epic moments  :)
  • Tiger Sky Tower - $15SGD and you will be elevated for about 131 meter above sea level.  Seeing Sentosa, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia up there will be another experience so have your cameras ready and take those shots.
  • Beaches - beaches in Sentosa do not charge any fees the Palawan, Siloso and Tanjong just make sure you'll bring some food , picnic blanket , and a good company to make it more special.  
  • iFly Singapore - sky diving is part of my MUST DO BEFORE I DIE but it cost more than what I can pay for, $99SGD. I regret that I was not able to save some money for this coz I know it will be worth it. Have you tried this one? how does it feel? 
Where to Eat?

There are tons of food stalls, restaurant and fine dining scattered all over the island so do not worry just in case you got hungry.  




Where to Stay?

This is so obvious, i think the Resorts World Sentosa will give you lots of choices for your accommodation. Just pick something that goes with your budget and preferences.   Rates are around $250SGD per night.



HAPPY TRAVEL!!!

2 comments: